Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Just no!

It's been a while. A lot of water under the bridge. A year or so after I started this blog and let it die..along with any inkling of losing weight, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I radically changed my diet and the weight FELL off. I went from my heaviest weight ever to just about my wedding weight. And I enjoyed that weight for close to five years.

But I learned how to snack healthily and that I *could* eat more and not technically be bad for my cancer. (I don't eat sugar or processed anything). And that is where I got into trouble.

Y'all. I could eat salted nuts or baked gf chips til the cows come home. And it shows.

I have been thinking I gotta get these pounds back off. Thankfully it's only about 15 pounds this time. At my previous writing in 2010, it was more like almost 50 pounds that needed to come off. I have put it off and started and stopped and made a tiny step forward and went back to the nuts and guac.

Yesterday I put on some jeans that used to fall off. They were tight. I almost got sick thinking about it. Everything in my new size is tight..and now this old pair of jeans is too.

Last night I was thinking my new phrase should be...JUST NO. Just no to snacking. Just no to that extra nibble. Just no to eating a little more than I need to eat. Thankfully I said my final 'just no' to junk food years ago. So this time, it's just about eating less and making better portion size choices.

I hope by documenting, I can keep myself accountable. So this morning I weighed 115. I know that isn't huge..but it's huge on me. I really need to hover around 100 first thing in the morning. So let's start there.

I've been encouraged to keep a journal, so this is it. To keep myself accountable on my eating..as well as my walking that I do on my own during the week.

Just no...let's go! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so go for it! : )