I'm not going to recall everything I ate all weekend. Frankly I can't even remember. LOL
But I did great all day Friday until we stayed up late Friday night and I had a small snack. Grrrr.
Saturday was uneventful. No snacking. Woohoo.
Sunday I had my usual smoothie for lunch. And that is where the train went off the tracks. I didn't say just no to anything. I was still hungry after my smoothie and proceeded to eat (not unhealthy) all afternoon. I was so angry at myself. But I blame the smoothie. It just didn't fill me up. And it has protein in it and a ton of other stuff. But still...just a glass of liquid. Not super filling.
Flash back to Saturday..we have been eating at a new salad place in fancy town near us. Basically you go through the line like a Subway and they build your salad, plus they have soups and wraps too. But it's super good. But ya know what's the most interesting...they serve it in a huge stainless steel bowl. It's gigantic. The first time I ordered one, I thought surely I would not be able to finish it. But guess what..I did. And I was full.
So maybe next Sunday, I need to plan on making myself a big vat of salad and actually getting full on greens, veggies and protein..rather than greens, banana and berries (and protein powder). So that's my plan for next weekend and hopefully I will be full after lunch..and after taking the time to eat a giant salad..takes a lot of time and a lot of chewing..neither of which happen when you drink a smoothie..just sayin'.
And tomorrow is Monday..and new day and a new week. Not giving up. I'm learning and I hope to do better in the future. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading comments, so go for it! : )