Saturday, January 16, 2010

undeserved grace

This hasn’t been the best week. I was watching Oprah the other day and she was talking about dieting and she said the first day you’re all “this is great, I can do this” and then the second day comes and you’re a little less enthusiastic and then the third day comes and you eat a cheeseburger.

That’s kind of how I feel this week.  I don’t feel overly motivated. I’ve cheated a couple of times. I wasn’t thrilled about that.  But even when I cheated I tried to do it carefully. I ate some wheat thins with great northern bean ‘hummus’ off and on this week for my ‘snack’. One thing I’ve noticed is that I cannot go from lunch to dinner without eating something.  I get all pang’y and just want to eat everything in sight. And it makes me a little sick after a while too.  So I’ve been trying to build in snacks.  The hummus thing is one. And a few wheat thins with a very thin layer of peanut butter us another.  But I have to be careful and stop before I’ve eaten the whole box! : )

Having said all of that, I about passed out when I looked at the scale this morning.  I was down by 1.5.  I don’t feel like I deserve it.

Maybe it’s God’s grace to be an encouragement. : )

1 comment:

I love reading comments, so go for it! : )